WHO WE ARE
CannaCure Sciences is a family owned company, born in the great state of New Hampshire. We believe that everyone has the right to pure, natural skin and hair care products; free of harsh chemicals and preservatives. Our products are crafted by hand, using only natural ingredients like coconut oil, hemp oil, black seed oil, shea butter, and
cocoa butter. Considering that the average person uses 6-12 products with over 168 different chemicals in them every morning, we’ve made it our mission to provide you with alternative products to help you cut down on the amounts of potentially harmful substances entering your body on a daily basis.
WHAT OUR PRODUCTS DO NOT CONTAIN
– NO Parabens
– NO Formaldehyde
– NO Oxybenzones
– NO DEA/TEA/MEA (Ethanolamines)
– NO Sodium Lauryl or Laureth Sulfates
– NO Artificial Perfumes
Back when our son Val was a toddler, he suffered from a terrible case of eczema- as many young children today do. Despite our best efforts at living as clean a lifestyle as possible, including growing all our own organic fruits and produce on our farm, poor Val just kept itching. As a parent, seeing your child miserable breaks your heart, so we began looking for a cure to stop his itching and ultimately resolve his eczema.
I was shocked when I first began looking at the prescription medications available to treat eczema- corticosteroids with side effects and warnings that were 2 pages long! It was honestly terrifying to read the lists of possible side effects attached to these drugs, and I knew that there was no way I was exposing my son to them- I had to find a better, more natural approach to this issue.
So my research began, and the kitchen in our farmhouse became my laboratory. It was this extensive research that first taught me about the anti-inflammatory properties of many types of natural oils, and I began sourcing and mixing my own concoctions of coconut oil, black seed oil, and hemp oil. Some of these first attempts were extremely greasy and smelled quite strong, as natural remedies don’t come packed with perfumes and chemicals to make them appeal to our senses- but I persevered. Eventually, I was able to find the ideal blend to ease Val’s itching, and I began experimenting on myself immediately after. It was here that our Hair Regrowth Blends were born!
For many men, and women alike, thinning hair is a serious concern. Although many cases of balding have a genetic link, there is growing evidence that the numerous endocrine disruptors found in many popular commercial brands of shampoos may be playing a significant role in the increasing incidence of thinning and balding in younger men especially.
WHAT ARE ENDOCRINE DISRUPTORS?
Our hormonal system is our endocrine system. It includes our thyroid, adrenals, pancreas, hypothalamus and pituitary glands. In women it also includes the ovaries. Endocrine- disrupting chemicals (EDCs) include substances in our environment, water, food and personal care products that interfere with the production, transport, breakdown, binding and elimination of hormones. Exposure to these chemicals ultimately affect the balance of the body that could lead to number of health problems, including weight gain, hypothyroidism, infertility, adrenal imbalances, estrogen dominance, lowered sperm counts, obesity, diabetes, and certain types of cancers.
We understand that you can’t prevent all contact with endocrine disruptors in your environment, but you do have control over the products you purchase that come in direct contact with your skin and hair. If you suspect that your hair is thinning or balding and you don’t see a genetic explanation, switching to a natural ingredient based shampoo may be exactly what you need to restore the lush, thick hair you’re meant to have! Even if you’re not experiencing thinning hair, why would you continue to screw up your hormonal system on a daily basis with shampoos that are full of chemicals and long lists of un-pronounceable ingredients?
As a bonus, our products are safe for the environment and ground water systems. Just as these Endocrine-disrupting chemicals affect us as humans, the hundreds of gallons of water we each flush down our drains daily during our baths and showers end up in rivers and streams; affecting the plant and animal life that call these places home.
WHAT WE USE
CannaCure Sciences products use only the purest natural oils and ingredients in our products.
Hemp Oil- Our Hemp Oil is extracted from organically grown hemp, and manufactured in the USA. Hemp oil is extremely high in essential fatty acids, and contains both Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids that can help foster overall health. These fatty acids are both soothing and moisturizing to the skin, helping to repair the natural barrier layer and reduce inflammation and irritation.
Black Seed Oil- Pressed from the black cumin seed, Black Seed Oil has been used for generations to help with a myriad of issues, both internal and external. It has contains essential fatty acids and anti-microbial properties that make it ideal for problems of the skin and scalp, including acne and dandruff.
Rosemary Oil- Rosemary oil is light, pleasant smelling oil that is great for the hair and scalp. A study published in Skinmed Dermatology for the Clinician found that topical application of rosemary oil twice per day for six months was just as effective at treating androgenetic alopecia as Minoxidil- the active ingredient in Rogaine.
Castor Oil- This thick, viscous oil is well known as a source of ricinoleic acid, a monounsaturated, 18 carbon fatty acid. It has been used in India since ancient times to encourage hair growth and keep the scalp healthy and moisturized.
With the rising popularity of hemp based products and the recent passing of the 2018 Farm Bill (which allows the cultivation of hemp as long as it contains less than 0.3% THC) you may be wondering what all the hype is about! Hemp based products have been used since ancient times- according to the Ministry Of Hemp, the first traces of hemp products were found way back in 8000 BCE in Asian regions which are now modern day China and Taiwan. More recently, The Declaration of Independence of the United States of America was drafted on hemp paper. The last commercial hemp crop was planted in Wisconsin in 1957, after which a total ban on hemp in 1970 led to the eventual legislation of the Farm Bill that reinstated this valuable crop and allows it to be cultivated today.
What Is CBD? Will It Get Me High?
There are two types of cannabis; the psychoactive type, known as marijuana, and the non-psychoactive type, known as hemp. All the products that you’ll find here at CannaCure Sciences are made from hemp, the non-psychoactive type. Our products contain cannabidiol, or CBD for short. CBD is a Phytocannabinoid- meaning it is a plant based cannabinoid (Phyto) Humans also produce cannabinoids, called Endocannabinoids. It can get a bit confusing; the Ministry Of Hemp gives a great breakdown:
The body does create its own cannabinoids, called endocannabinoids, to help support our regulatory system. This central system helps to keep our bodies balanced day to day, including appetite, pain sensation, mood, memory, immune system functions, and inflammation control. Similar to how we use vitamin C to kick start our immune system, CBD acts as a kick starter for these cannabinoids to keep the receptors working at optimum capacity and to help the functions of of the body’s central regulatory system.
Aside from the many benefits of consuming our hemp-derived, non-psychoactive CBD oils, there are countless benefits of using the oil topically, especially on the skin and hair. At this point in time, the FDA has not currently evaluated the use of hemp products, so these products are not meant to diagnose, prevent, or cure any disease.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Hemp Oil On Skin?
1. Because of its high content of fatty acids, hemp oil can help to strengthen and protect the skin’s hydrolipidic barrier. This is the outer protective layer of skin that can often be compromised by pollutants, irritants, chemicals and inflammation. The fatty acids in hemp oil function as a natural emollient to help seal up the thin or damaged portions of the hydrolipidic layer, helping to prevent future damage and heal up any current damage.
2. Hemp Oil can help to soothe many common skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis and acne. By providing both moisture and hydration, along with anti-inflammatory benefits, hemp oil is quickly becoming one of the top natural oils to turn to for a chemical-free solution to these issues.
3. Minimizing Fine Lines and Wrinkles- by filling in the dry areas of skin, hemp oil can actas a “plumper” to lessen the look of these lines. It can also help to stimulate your own natural collagen production, preventing more lines from forming. The antioxidants found in hemp oil can also protect your skin from free radicals in the environment.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Hemp Oil On Hair?
1. Hemp oil can help soothe dandruff and scalp irritations. The fatty acids in hemp oil act as a moisturizer to skin, including the skin on our scalp. Many people with thinning hair notice they also have an irritated scalp, and using hemp oil can allow hair to grow in healthier, and feel thicker and lusher.
2. Hemp oil can reduce dry and split ends- hemp oil contains gamma linoleic acid (GLA) which is absorbed into hair, fortifying it and strengthening it against damage from heat and styling. This can help to avoid breakage, another cause of thinning hair.
3. The combination of growth, strength and moisture can give your hair more body. Hair with more body looks thicker, and is easier to style. The natural emollients in hemp oil also help to impart a sleek shine to hair, which smoothes the cuticle and can help hair appear “younger” and reflect more light.